Thursday, June 30, 2005

The War of the Chats

  • Woodies CCI and 9 other rooms on Hotcomm:Relay5
  • TradersHaven on Hotcomm:Relay7 (DrBob’s room)
  • TradersParadiese on Hotcomm:Relay (Sport’s room)
  • (Teddies FuturesTrading Room on Paltalk) (RIP)
  • (OurFuturesTradingRoom on Paltalk) (RIP)
  • #ourfuturestradinglearninggroup on IRC:othernet (Anti’s room)
  • #safari on IRC:othernet (maybe our new room, but sure not mine )

I’m a blind, dumb, easily mislead cretin…no that’s still too good, … but you sure will be able to add the name you like to read there, even if I don’t allow anonymous posts in this blog as I think traders should be able to stay for what they write, same as you have to accept the results of every trade you do.

Ok, the last development in this drama seems to be, that anti is having a second website, that he is trying to sell something as this second website is registered to an Inc named Stock Market Research and that traders asking difficult questions were banned tonight by anti from #ourfuturestradinglearninggroup.com.

This last development lead to my resignation as moderator in anti’s room. One thing I don’t like is banning people, because they ask questions. One time Teddy asked questions about anti and I stood with anti, as I did not like the way these questions were asked by Teddy. And I still stand with this decision, because the way Teddy posed his questions by being away for weeks and then popping into the room and starting a tirade against anti, wasn’t the way to do it. You can’t come to a party, start shouting and asking accusatory questions without having credibility first. Build your reputation first or you risk, that what you have to say will be dismissed as rantings by someone who doesn’t know what he is talking about. Teddy crashed the party and the party decided to go elsewhere. Now the choice is yours. In my eyes Darth, Shamu or Mike have credibility, I know them for a long time and I like their posts.
Sure they can mislead me again and anti is the real deal, but for now I decided to leave #ourfuturestradinglearninggroup.com

I myself once had a Paltalk room registered, but for me this room really was for all to use. The Paltalk room is no longer available, as Paltalk sees these rooms as commercial rooms and is still refusing to reopen my room, even if I paid for an upgrade to a premium room. It was a 1 month subscription for 7.95$ so no real harm done.

Mike now told me, that there is yet another IRC room, where we can meet. and maybe this room is now finally our trading room, where we can just trade, no bashing of other rooms and no gurus.

  • The new room is #safari on the othernet (irc.othernet.org).

On how to setup Mirc, see the my earlier post.

Back to business:

I want to trade. Simple as that. I like to be with friends I know trade for real and which I can respect for what they do and stay for. It seems, when most of us, who at some time where in Woodies room, decided to leave or where forced to leave, we exchanged a stable environement with an ever changing one, where everyone follows his or her own agenda.

Don’t follow, decide on your own. I myself actually considered removing myself from chats alltogether, as all this stuff interferes with my trading. I missed 30 ticks up and 40 ticks down on the euro, just because I concentrated on reading a logfile instead of concentrating on the markets. For now I remain, as I like to have company in this lonely business, but I will not lead. I’m no guru. I go my way and a chat is just that, company when there is nothing else to do but wait for a setup or wait in a trade, not yet developped.

Meet me in IRC: #safari on the Othernet