Friday, October 14, 2005

Blackbox Systems

Sunseeker,
your results are fine, but of no interest to anyone here on the board, as long as you don't explain what method you use.

I could have decided to implement a Black Box system in FuturesTrader, let you all play with it for a while and then, once you are convinced, it's working in Demo, sold it as an extra subscription like Strategy-Runner is doing it.

Instead I’m telling everybody, what both of the systems in Futures-Trader do, when Tradesignals are generated and what is causing it, so you know exactly why a tradesignal was generated and might even look it up on your charts with the timestamp each trade has.

You are using an always in the market system, something I currently don’t have implemented in Futures-Trader, so it might be a worthy addition to the Backtest Module, if something like it could be added, but results alone won’t do it. And realtime tradesignals won’t either. I once was in a trading room, where the moderator called tradesignals from a Blackbox system, and it was the worst experience in my whole trading career.

In trading you need to learn to walk alone, you can’t rely on others to do the walking for you. And if their system was so good, there would be no reason at all for them to have a paid chatroom.

So please stop posting your results and explain your system in detail instead.

5 comments:

SunSeeker said...

umm, little to harsh for my taste. i was just trying to add to your blog a bit my friend.

we were talking about backtesting, autotrading and ways to use the things you were trying to hold conversations about. never got much responses about those things so i just carried on. lots still to talk about and discover - i.e always in market systems, slippage calculations, backtestsing procedures, and on and on. i could go on for along time. its all very intriguing.

is suprises me that you want me to stop that route and focus on what you want to know. very interesting. i came here to focus on what you were talking about. your tools, backtesting, etc. im not here to refocus on what im doing. if i wanted to do that i would create my own blog. funny how im sticking up for your rights a a blog owner. oh well. lol.

i will not post my results again again so its now moot.

Avellanas said...

sunseeker- you may not be aware of the history of some of these related blogs but there's a low tolerence for unsubstantiated claims. A little methodology and no doubt you'd have more interest in your posts and globetrader would probally have a new twist to your system.

SunSeeker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SunSeeker said...

You are all welcome to visit my blog where i will not treat people with such rudeness without cause.

You can contact me through my blog if you wish.

http://sunseekertrading.blogspot.com/

I won't be back until I am treated with respect we all deserve until proven otherwise.

SunSeeker said...

The post I deleted prior was meant to say the following:
---------------------
you said: "low tolerence for unsubstantiated claims"

you are kidding me right?

do you realise that i posted live trades in realtime?

i understand you have never seen this before anywhere but now you have.

now that is really really funny. becuase i HATE people that make those claims also and THAT sir is why i was posting live.

and i started posting live because no one was even conversing about the subjects that croc was trying to talk about. but thats another problem that we wont get into.

i am a trader. i am serious.